Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Valentines Day, 2008

Josh and i had a nice Valentines Day today, I made him dinner, and since I dont cook much it was a treat for him, lol.  On the menu was filet mignon, asparagus, a crab/avocado appetizer, and parmesean puffs.  
The most memorable part of the evening came when I totally messed up the parm puffs.  I was worried about the baking anyway.....well, it called for 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 of flour and 1/4 butter. so i did this, and then stir till its solid.  stirring and stirring the liquid!  would NOT turn solid.  I didnt have any idea what the problem was............so then I called my mom, who was stumped and told me to try it over again.  Then I called my friend Mary, who was also stumped, but said the same thing.  So i did it all again, with the same result.  Then I called in josh to check my "work" and see if he can figure it out........guess what the problem was...............?!?! ............. 
I was using powdered SUGAR instead of flour!!! LOLOLOL..!!!!!  I just thought the container was the over-flow flour container........yea, can you tell i dont bake much?!
After that we laughed for a good 10 minutes, until my stomach hurt even,.  Then finally got dinner made and on the table, it was very very very good!  
What a great memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment