Friday, March 5, 2010

Organic fabric and The Bridge in Concert

This was my first full week off work, and I must say, it didn't go exactly like I planned.  It's really hard to give structure to your day and get the things done that you need, plus picking up the house, sewing, gardening, etc.  It will take some time to adjust to, I guess.  
I did get a lot of sewing done earlier this week, and took some photos of the new items.  But I still need to take some more pics today before I can post them all.  
Since I decided to quit my job to focus on my sewing and writing, I have been trying to decide where exactly my sewing niche will be.  I love working with organic fabrics, hemp, and all eco-friendly; but I also have a ton of fabric already purchased that is not organic.  But, I think creating an organic line of clothing will compliment the hiking/writing side of my business.  After a lot of thought, I have decided to work with the fabric that I currently own and use it up as much as I can, but I will not purchase any more fabric unless its organic and eco-friendly or recycled fabric.  I think this gives a good mix of using up what I already have and then only purchasing fabric that is organic.  I mean, wasting fabric isn't eco-friendly, right?
After coming to this decision, finally, I have been really motivated to sew and use up all this fabric that I have in my house, just so I can go ahead and buy more soon :)  I love fabric!

Tonight, my favorite band, The Bridge, comes in town for two nights.  They are playing at Cervantes in Denver on Friday and Saturday nights.   My cousin Patrick is the saxophone player for The Bridge, and Josh and I love to watch them whenever they come into town.  Last summer we even traveled to Oregon to watch a few of their shows.  They are *awesome* and you can check out their music on their website here
Not only do we get to see a great band tonight, but when The Bridge comes into town, it means that I get to hang out with my cousin Patrick!  When we were kids, I remember each year at Christmas when they would come home to Michigan, I would be so excited to see Patrick and his brother JD that I would constantly ask, "when are they getting here, when are they going to come;"  like any excited child ready to play :)  And I still feel the same way now!  I hope to see you at The Bridge tonight if you are in the area :)

No comments:

Post a Comment