Thursday, June 24, 2010

The Farmers Market Opening for Hip-Threads, and finding balance


Last weekend was the opening of Hip-Threads at the Highlands Farmers Market in Denver.  I was pretty nervous and have spent countless hours working toward getting my items finished and booth ready to display in the months before the market.  In fact, I have spent so much time on the farmers market that I have neglected some other things, like keeping my website updated, blogging, and hiking.  Which has really forced me to think about finding balance with such a busy lifestyle.  How do you keep up with work + all the aspects of a business, plus blogging, hiking, cooking, cleaning, gardening...there just isn't enough time in the day!   I would love to hear some of your ideas and suggestions?!

As for the market, Hip-Threads did pretty well, not as great as I had hoped, but certainly not bad either.  I did get asked about children's clothing, which I did not have much of; so I hope to find some time to make some skirts and pants before the next market.  Now that the market is over for the month, I am working on all the things that I let slide, and getting prepared for our two week trip back to Michigan next week.  My sister is getting married and we leave to go home next week!   Below are some photos of my display; I'd love to hear any comments or suggestions on how I can improve my booth! 

No comments:

Post a Comment