Monday, December 6, 2010

Busy weeks of vending!

The past couple of weeks have been really busy, I wish I was better at balancing my blog posts and work.  Somehow, I still can't figure the best way to structure my day to get everything done that I'd like.  But I am working on it. 
This past week I was featured as an artist at Sports Optics, a really cool artsy optical shop on the strip of Tennyson for First Friday.  While I didn't sell anything, it was a lot of fun, and I was asked to come back in February.  I am also able to leave my artwork at the shop for 1 month, which would be a great way to get it on display all the time.  I am excited about that at least!  Then I had planned my Holiday Gift Sale yesterday, it was at our house and I had all of my items available, plus a new friend Marci from Barefoot Regalia came and joined me as well.  I had visions of lots of people coming to the homeshow, lots in my neighborhood, friends and aquaintances.   However, that was not the way it played out, unfortunately.  We could count the number of visitors easily, and while they did spend some money, it wasn't the turnout I had hoped.  I guess I know for next time, right?  Had to give it a shot, but I don't know if it was worth the time I put into it. 
Now, I am working on finishing up Christmas gifts...I don't want to post too much about those until the family opens the gifts..but I love how they are turning out and wish I could post the pics!  This year we are going to be staying in Colorado, and won't be able to see all the items being opened up.  Speaking of those gifts, I should really get to work on them and I'll post pics soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment