Thursday, December 30, 2010

Hot Crab Dip - From Aunt Chris










My sister and I :)

Josh and I went home to Michigan this past weekend for a friend's wedding and to visit with family since we aren't going home this holiday season.  We had a great time even though it was a very quick trip, from Thursday night through Monday night.

While we were there my grandmother was asking what to do with some crab meat she had in the fridge.  I love crab, it's one of my favorite foods that I rarely get to eat.  She wanted to make a dip from it to use as an appetizer when she and my grandfather make the trip to Newaygo this weekend.  I suggested this recipe from my Aunt Chris (I had a recipe wedding shower and use some religiously).   Here is the recipe:



Hot Crab Dip
7 1/2 oz of crabmean, frozen, or can or imitation.  (Much better with anything but imitation)
1 Tablespoon milk
8 Oz cream cheese
2 Teaspoon Worcester sauce
2 Tablespoon green onion


Combine Cream cheese with milk and Worcester sauce.  Drain crabmeat. Add to cream mixture along with green onions.  Put into small baking dish, back at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until heated through, serve with crackers.
This is for 1 serving of the dip; if you are serving more than 4 people then double the recipe.
I also often add sauteed garlic and onion, or I just throw it into the mixture when baking
You can also serve with chips or bread.  Very yummy and a party favorite!



No comments:

Post a Comment