Sunday, August 30, 2009

The basement, nearly done!

We have been working overtime to get this basement complete!I know it seems like we have been working on it forever, (for us too!) but we could only afford to do parts of the basement at a time. Partly due to the cost and partly because it takes a lot of time and energy to do this work and it is nice to stop and enjoy it for a while. Plus our house has been under construction for the last 2 years, and I am getting real tired of it :P
The permits are up September 6th and we had hoped we could call for the inspection on Monday (tomorrow), but i think we aren't ready yet!

The trim makes the basement look really nice, and it brightens it up and makes it feel very cheery! I really love the way it is turning out!
I bought a light fixture for the stairwell today, I had been wanting some sort of classy modern chandelier, but didn't find anything that caught my eye. Instead I got a blown glass light which is yellow and brown; it fits our style, but I had wanted something more fancy. It did cost just 12.97, on super sale, so if I want to change it, that won't be a problem.
The stairwell has been texturized, now we need to prime and paint the stairwell, hang the handrail and laundryroom door. Then we think we will be ready for inspection.
Keep your fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment