Monday, August 24, 2009

spider bite

Don't get bit by a spider!  Just somehow don't...its bad, it's painful and it swells up a LOT.  
I noticed some redness on Wed, by Thursday I definately noticed that it was a bite, and it started to hurt.  Friday, it hurt terribly, same with Sat and today.  its SOOO painful!  I think it's getting better...but boy does it hurt.  Called the DR, they said takw benadryl, which I am taking...so we'll see how it is on Tuesday, if it's not getting much better by then, I might go into the dr.

Here are some pics, it looks a lot like a nipple huh?  i have been calling it my 3rd nipple.  I decided to take some pics of this since Josh was really upset that HE didnt take pics of his stitches.  (He sliced his wrist while doing housework on my birthday and we spent my birthday in the ER, fun!)  So that prompted me to take these.  I think it might have been a hobo spider that bit me.  I found what looked like one on the wall of the house yesterday that I killed. 

240

240
No it's not a nipple, but it sure looks like one!

240
This is Saturday.  The overall area of redness has spread further.  It's going to be a big blister.  I didnt mention but I also got bit on the arm, just a smaller bite.  It didnt get nearly as red as this, but did form a blister already and popped yesterday.  Still very painful, and I think this sucker is going to blister up like that.  The only problem with that is that It hurts to wear pants and walk around.  It just HURTS all the time. 

240
This pic shows just how RED and inflammed it is.  The whole thing is really hot to the touch, I ice it all day, which is supposed to help slow the spread of the venom.  The bite is very hard and firm to the touch greater than a quarter size in the middle. 

240
It doesnt look as red today, Sunday, You can kind of see how far it sticks out in this photo.

240
The area of redness is smaller today than yesterday but its still really red, inflammed and hot. 
It looks better in the morning than it does in the evenings.  After I have been walking around. I will probably post more pics in the upcoming days.         


 

No comments:

Post a Comment