Thursday, September 23, 2010

New items, warmers and more!

Thru Hiker Forest hand warmers
I've been busy crocheting and hiking this past month; and trying to create some hiking/outdoor gear that people can look good while being active.  I created a new etsy shop for these items called Colorado Girl Gear.  I have been toying around with the name for a while now, and I kept coming back to this one so I went with it.  I have many more items to add to the shop, and when I get over this cold, I plan to take some more photos. 
Things in the shop have been pretty slow this summer, and it's made me question doing this full time, but I do enjoy it much more than going into an office so for now I am going to keep pushing forward.  Maybe I haven't quite found my niche online and I haven't had much experience selling locally.  Most small business fail or quit within the first year, and I am determined to make this work. 
I spent a lot of time this summer in the mountains by myself with the dogs, hiking.  You can read about my adventures in my hiking blog.  I sometimes consider redirecting my time to writing a book about hiking in Colorado; I don't know quite where to focus the book yet but I hope it will come to me like all other creative ideas.  Randomly as I fall asleep or while hiking in the wilderness.    For now, here are a few more of my crochet hiking items. 



No comments:

Post a Comment