Thursday, April 28, 2011

(First Trimester) What happened to personal hygiene and sleep?

~* written from my perspective; pregnant for the first time, nervous, and hormonal; take these posts with a grain of salt please *~
Week 7; What happened to personal hygiene and sleep?  Written March 13th
Before pregnancy, I showered most every day, cause that’s just normal, right?  But since pregnancy somehow this has completely gone by the wayside and I am not sure how that happened?  I realized today, Friday, that I hadn’t showered since Tuesday or maybe Wednesday and with all the sweating during the night, I was pretty gross, so I managed to take a shower.
It would seem I’d have plenty of time to shower, since I haven’t slept more than 5 hours per night in weeks, but somehow each day goes by and I have completely forgotten about this normal part of my daily routine.   Do my hair, what?  Make-up, hell no!  Brushing my teeth…if I get to it.

As for the insomnia, it’s a bitch.  Really!  I have watched a lot of late night animal planet, and I am definitely concerned about the wild bores taking over the southern United States; the Burmese pythons that are consuming the everglades and even eating alligators and crocodiles; and the Asian carp that are taking over rivers in the Midwest.   I am looking forward to this first trimester part of pregnancy being over with so I can enjoy this time in my life a little bit!

1 comment:

  1. Insomnia!

    That sucks. The ways to beat it are like... no screens, no electronics, no bright lights, and maybe reading in a low-light room. Also keeping a regular schedule and bedtime ritual helps.

    I also want to watch TV or read the internet when I can't sleep (or play on an iphone) but it's a bad idea.

    ReplyDelete