Tuesday, May 29, 2012

I'm back!

I'm back!  Well, sort of.  My blog is back, and that is good news, but my website is still missing a web host (any suggestions?) and then the actual time to transfer it (anyone want to send me some spare time?) and then I'll be fully back.  For now, I am just happy to be back to blogging because I missed it so much.  Let me update you with all the on-goings of life in the very short time Magnolia is napping. 
First, I have been very busy as a mama, Magnolia is now 6.5 months old and I can't believe so much time has flown by!  Every parent always says 'they grow up so fast' and I always nodded my head, not really fully understanding what every parent meant, until now.  

Magnolia is such a blessing, she is a feisty, determined, smart little girl that keeps me on my toes all the time!  The last 6 months have been the hardest of my life, but also the most rewarding.  Much more on this to come.  

Second, aside from being a mother, I am also working part time (very part time), from home, for my local hospital as a contract cancer registrar.  This is a career that I have had since 2005, but quit for a while to focus on hip-threads.com.  However, after finding out that I was pregnant, I decided to get back into the hospital  to provide more money for all of the things a child needs.  Even though I don't work very many hours per week, that work, plus my 24/7 mothering duties, have made me a pretty busy lady! 
Third, in any 'free' time that I have, I am still hiking and blogging, you can check out some of my most recent posts on my trail blog here.  I've also still been crafting and have a new love for felting which I will be posting more about in the future.  Of course I am still crocheting new things for myself and Magnolia and if you'd like something for yourself check out my etsy shop.  Most recently, I've taken a larger interest in photography; I continue to take pictures of nature as always, but have grown to booking family photo sessions(okay, I've done 1 session).  But I am super interested in doing more of this, I love it, and I'll be posting lots more about it in the future as well. 

So, with all of that, plus being a wife, keeping up a house (with plenty of help from my wonderful husband), planting a garden and keeping up the yard having a social life (I need my girl time), reading up on all-things-baby and keeping all-things-baby from cluttering up my house, I am pretty busy!  But, I am sincerely hoping to be able to update my blog at least weekly with inspiration from my friend Michelle whose blog, The Common Beet, finds simple beauty in everyday things and she updates frequently with short posts that I enjoy reading in my few minutes of mama time.  Short posts are so not my style which borders on stream of consciousness sometimes, so this will be a challenge for me. 
And with that said, I will sign off; please leave a comment and let me know how you have been and I leave you with this picture of my cutie pie!  

2 comments:

  1. The picture of Magnolia in that hiking pack is absolutely adorable. I just showed 3 people at work.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks! Its that little face in the hat that is so adorable. I think she gets prettier and prettier as she grows, but maybe I am a tad biased :)

    ReplyDelete